WonderingRaven the admin

Give us a bit about yourself and where are you from and what do you drive?
WonderingRaven

WonderingRaven the admin

Post by WonderingRaven »

Hi there, a little introduction.

I have revived the forums for nostalgia and to hopefully connect with everyone who was once was here upon this great community.
I currently live in Las Vegas and it's been a struggle to return back to Oregon due to "lost wages" is a thing here in Vegas especially now.

TougeNW helped me change a person I was and I began exploring new worlds, the reason why Oregon and TougeNW changed me, I was on a verge of suicide with many attempts before I relocated to Oregon 2009, if it wasn't for the people I've met in Oregon on the whole 2009-2011, I wouldn't be here today. Believe it or not I found who I was and I've actually met people for being me in learning who I am. I am a cancer survivor with alot of battle wounds created from that nightmare I just got over a bad relationship marriage. I never met just such a great crowd in central Oregon, I was inspired by people of Team Fail, Slayter and his little cliq that was just super friendly to what I've experience or grow up with.

I turned my whole blogging experience and started the flow of "Initial G" achieved blog https://g-funk.net/blog for history reasons, and when TougeNW just died unexpectedly, I was inspired to start TougeSW as when I hear Touge Sierra was being made but also vanished and not sure in the same fashion just disappeared same goes for that inspiring person "slayter" who I got some of my inspirations from in the start.

I am a majorly a different person now, but that is a different story and I have personal blogs for that and that is for me and I always say and will keep saying you can accept me for me or accept me how you want to see me I don't care and I rather keep that separate and reboot this community as that is the whole goal make this a community not some profit idea or some club dues.

When TNW fell apart, I helped the remaining people who had no idea what happened and formed FCOR (friends of central oregon). When I was in Oregon, I also had a love for F-Body and drift and was someway's self inspired to make one do it.

Fun stuff back in 09-2011, I toyed with learning to drift a v6 firebird with even to the extent of a 5 speed swap and custom suspension work, but I picked up an Nissan 200sx (s12) and fell in love with the whole car culture and community.

To any inquiring minds on why I am no longer in Oregon? I had to leave Oregon in 2011 as the business partner who was refusing to get into details of the partnership of the business and pocking all profits, held me against my will one day all because I was helping a friend with their website for their business. I really miss Oregon and it's been a major struggle since.

I now drive an 1986 Nissan 200sx ca20e daily, 1987 SEv6 Custom drift machine undergoing an j30 VG30DE swap and MS3, another ca18det s12 86.5 and an 2008 Nissan 350z as a backup daily and acquired and restoring an 280zx 1980 ratsun.

I work in IT Security Engineering / Information Security.
I currently blog under https://tougesw.com main network community is https://wonderingraven.net
I do alot of twitch streams, sometimes garage work, Capture the Flag's with Cyber Security, and podcasts with different topics.
I also run my own discord community, if there is any interests in joining.
2019-12-08 16.35.38.jpg
2019-12-08 16.35.38.jpg (4.78 MiB) Viewed 22317 times
vg30.PNG
vg30.PNG (2.22 MiB) Viewed 22318 times
Co-Host Ratsun LV meets monthly.
2019-05-11 19.06.24.jpg
2019-05-11 19.06.24.jpg (3.43 MiB) Viewed 22317 times
and me at twitch con 2019.
2019-09-28 12.04.08.jpg
2019-09-28 12.04.08.jpg (4.08 MiB) Viewed 22315 times
Last edited by WonderingRaven on Tue Feb 16, 2021 8:22 am, edited 5 times in total.
48BuickSuper

Re: WonderingRaven the admin

Post by 48BuickSuper »

Oh the f-body's and the start of fcor
vSiNv

Post by vSiNv »

WonderingRaven wrote: Thu Jan 14, 2021 1:33 am Hi there, a little introduction.

I have revived the forums for nostalgia and to hopefully connect with everyone who was once was here upon this great community.
I currently live in Las Vegas and it's been a struggle to return back to Oregon due to "lost wages" is a thing here in Vegas especially now.

TougeNW helped me change a person I was and I began exploring new worlds, the reason why Oregon and TougeNW changed me, I was on a verge of suicide with many attempts before I relocated to Oregon 2009, if it wasn't for the people I've met in Oregon on the whole 2009-2011, I wouldn't be here today. Believe it or not I found who I was and I've actually met people for being me in learning who I am. I am a cancer survivor with alot of battle wounds created from that nightmare I just got over a bad relationship marriage. I never met just such a great crowd in central Oregon, I was inspired by people of Team Fail, Slayter and his little cliq that was just super friendly to what I've experience or grow up with.
I am glad that TougeNW was such a positive experience for you, so much so that you sought it out to revive. I certainly have found myself reflecting upon how TougeNW started, what it became, and how it ended throughout the years. I hope you are able to reach your goals of connecting with individuals who took part within TougeNW events/forums/community. If I can be of any assistance or you have any questions regarding the history of TougeNW please do not hesitate to ask me.
WonderingRaven

Post by WonderingRaven »

I am defiantly a different person than I was 10+ years ago. In a nutshell, I have to thank TNW for helping me open my eyes.
Arg, many adventures has been had.

adding in pictures to my original post for testing purposes and what not. I love positivity, I want to spread positivity.
I had planned a while back to do a podcast / talkshow on my twitch. I wouldn't mind doing such things to Collab stories, feelings and such with anyone in the future. Not just for my NW corner but the SW corner until I can finally afford to go back north.

I've done eps1 and it was the first post posted on tnw, I hope to expand that sooner with future ones.

My DM"s are always open if ever want to just dip on for an eps or 2. I don't just game, I do alot of podcasting lately, personal stuff I'd like to keep out of such forums, but I have been dipping and breaking my people anxiety with doing other forms of talks with cyber security.